An Accredited Organization by the Philippine Council for NGO Certification
The policy and guidelines shall apply to all qualified faculty members in the University.
The Office for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education (OGEP) shall ensure that Research Chair (RC) Award is granted to qualified applicants.
1. To be qualified for Research Chair Award, the applicant shall meet the following prerequisites:
2. The applicant shall comply with these requirements:
3. The research project shall be for a minimum of one (1) year to a maximum of three (3) consecutive years, renewable annually.
4. The grantee shall be bound by the following duties:
5. Funds shall be released following this schedule:
Definition of Terms
1. A Research Chair is a grant awarded to one in recognition of his research track and meritorious research project proposal, in his field of specialization, to advance the frontiers of knowledge in accordance with the mission of the University.
1. The OGEP provides a list of available RC to the Office of the Vice-Rector for Academic Affairs (OVRAA).
2. The OVRAA provides the guidelines for the RC to the Dean and Research Cluster Director (RCD).
3. The Dean makes a formal announcement of available RC to the Faculty.
4. The Faculty submits the capsule research proposal to the RCD for recommendation.
5. The Dean recommends the screened capsule research proposal to the OVRAA.
6. The OVRAA endorses the screened capsule research proposal to the Rector for approval.
7. The Rector approves the grants for implementation and endorses the capsule research proposal to the OGEP.
8. The OGEP prepares the MOA for signature of the grantee and the Foundation President, witnessed by the Dean, RCD, OVRAA and Director for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education.
9. The OGEP releases the fund to the grantee.
1. The Office for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education shall regularly update the Office of the Rector on its activities (on granting research chair award).
2. The Office for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education shall update the Quality Management Office on the output of its activities (on granting research chair award) for purposes of quality control, quality assurance and quality audit.
3. The Executive Assistant for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education shall supervise the updates and the submission of reports.
This policy shall be communicated to all units upon approval by the Director for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education.
Accredited by the following institutions: