An Accredited Organization by the Philippine Council for NGO Certification
The policy and guidelines shall apply to all qualified faculty members in the University.
The Office for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education (OGEP) shall ensure that Travel/Study/ Training Grants are made available to qualified applicants.
1. Travel Grants are available for tenured Faculty Members to enable them to represent the University as speaker or paper presenter in International or National Conferences or Symposia related to their field of discipline or to attend training workshops or short courses in their line of specialization.
2. Grants may only be made to the same person once in every two years that is two academic years, subject to availability of funds.
3. To be qualified for Travel/Study/ Training Grants, the applicant shall meet the following prerequisites:
4. The applicant shall comply with the following to avail the grant:
5. Documentary requirements shall be submitted to the OGEP one (1) month before the expected date of departure to give ample time for its processing. Otherwise, the request for grant would be disapproved.
6. The OGEP shall take charge of the booking arrangement.
7. The grantee is obliged to:
8. Per diem living allowance may be granted:
9. Recipients of travel grants shall be guided by the following defrayal of airfare:
10. Travel grant is released directly to the faculty grantee by the OGEP. However, the approval of travel grant request is subject to availability of funds.
11. Applicants shall reimburse the amount incurred by the OGEP for any cancellation of a processed/finalized travel grant.
Definition of Terms
Travel Grants, as a rule, cover the partial return economy airfare; registration and accommodation are charged against the Faculty/College’s funds; and other costs such as passport/visa application fees and per diem* allowance are personal counterpart..
1. The faculty member submits the requirements to the Dean.
2. At least three (3) weeks before the presentation date, the Dean recommends the faculty member’s application for travel/study/training grant to the Office for Research and Innovation (ORI) for review of paper to be presented.
3. The ORI endorses the faculty member’s application for travel/study/training grant to OGEP and to the Foundation President for approval.
4. The OGEP releases the fund to the grantee.
1. The Office for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education shall regularly update the Office of the Rector on its activities (on awarding travel/study/training grants).
2. The Office for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education shall update the Quality Management Office on the output of its activities (on awarding travel/study/training grants) for purposes of quality control, quality assurance and quality audit.
3. The Executive Assistant for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education shall supervise the updates and the submission of reports.
This policy shall be communicated to all units upon approval by the Director for Grants, Endowments and Partnerships in Higher Education.
Accredited by the following institutions: